Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FLYING AT LAST

Well, it's been a while since I've last updated this blog. Sorry... It was very hectic lately. Well, we're done with our PPL and JAA 1 exam already. The results are out already. Well, I'm very proud to say that my batch managed to pass both tests in one go. Now that we're done with ground school for a while, it's time to move on to FLYING PHASE! The moment that we've been waiting for...

Well, it was bitter sweet to hear that we'll be flying the Piper Warrior in Kota Bharu. I was glad that we've been directed to stay in Kota Bharu instead of being sent to Terengganu or Ipoh detachment. How ever, I was kind of sad in the beginning when they announced that we'll be flying Piper instead of Diamond. For me I would prefer the Diamond since it has full glass cockpit and a joystick instead of a yoke. The Diamond is also sexier compared to the Piper. However, after flying the Piper for a while, I've started to fall in love with the Piper and I've learned that Diamond is not practical for Ab-Initio Cadets like us. So, in the end, I LOVE PIPER.

Well, so far I've logged 0715 hours on the Piper in 3 weeks. I only have 5 sorties left until my first solo flight, insyaAllah...








No comments:

Post a Comment